Welcome
Welcome to sheepserver

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Update on the update?

Discuss anything minecraft related here!
Forum rules
This forum section is only for minecraft related topics! Go to off-topic if you have something else to discuss.

Re: Update on the update?

Postby OrionAurora2 » 29 Jul 2017, 19:23

So any progress so far? Sorry if I haven't contributed much recently.
OrionAurora2
Forum mod, Server Admin & Event Organiser
Forum mod, Server Admin & Event Organiser

Have thanks: 226 time
STEAM ID: OrionAurora

Postby Zkyo » 07 Aug 2017, 06:17

Aah, I'm sorry for the lack of updates, things are taking longer than I thought, and I haven't had much free time the past week. (What time I had was lost to Splatoon 2, but i digress...) The server is almost ready, I've checked all the major plugins are working, and that no permissions are broken. I still have to check permissions in the games and creative worlds, mob eggs on spawners in all worlds, and see if I can find any issues with shopkeepers.

The main two broken features I've noticed are with LWC and Pstones. Pressure plates can't be locked correctly anymore, it stops players from walking on the plates, but mobs and items still trigger it. We can't use end portal frames for plot protections anymore, I honestly don't know why. The fields simply aren't created when fields are placed, so I changed that to sea lanterns for now. The mayor should still be the only person able to place them.

After that, I'll send a copy to spetz, and we can add the adventure, games, and spawn spheres and make sure those still work. In the mean time, why don't we decide which biome Spawn City should take place in. I think it's time for the spheres to be redecorated too, maybe we could get a moderator to copy them in creative in a few places for players to mess around with?
Zkyo
Supporter
Supporter

Have thanks: 160 time
Highscores: 1
STEAM ID: Zkyo
Players Title: Zee-kee-o

Postby Whargan » 07 Aug 2017, 20:44

I'm all for the redecoration of the spawn spheres, they have always been a part of Sheepserver so I think we need to keep them, but I also think they need to be updated. As for the biome of Spawn City, I think it might be a good idea to create a specific thread and make a poll? I like any of the flat biomes, especially ice plains, normal plains work just as well.
"People are like mirrors, what you see in them is what you see about yourself" -A Friend
Whargan
Supporter
Supporter

Have thanks: 1 time
STEAM ID: CorruptedAids

Postby Danyman V.2 » 09 Aug 2017, 15:04

could we do an ice spike biome? the area around spawn would be so cool LITERALLY.
Danyman V.2

Have thanks: 2 time

Postby Zkyo » 12 Aug 2017, 05:10

A snowy biome could be cool, I don't think we've used that on the server before. Flat biomes would help speed up construction of the city too (though we clearly had the patience to level an extreme hills biome down to sea level once, then fill in part of an ocean). We'd have to plan our lighting to factor in snowfall, lights would likely have to be on or in the streets. Perhaps we could surround the city with a wall of mountains, with the main roads cutting through.

https://static.planetminecraft.com/file ... 230041.jpg

UPDATE on the server: I've finished making sure everything works properly, or at least what I can check. I've sent a copy of the server to spetz, and we will be working out a date to check over things soon!

Zkyo has been thanked by:
Zkyo
Supporter
Supporter

Have thanks: 160 time
Highscores: 1
STEAM ID: Zkyo
Players Title: Zee-kee-o

Postby EternalOmega » 12 Aug 2017, 14:41

An extreme hills biome would be cool as you described it, something similar to a valley. I'm not really into a snowbiome because it would mess up the spawnfountain because of waterfreezing and everything will be white after a day.

And after a desert biome, a forrest biome and a sea biome an easy biome to build spawn in would be nice.
Writing is good, thinking is better. Cleverness is good, patience is better.
EternalOmega

Have thanks: 1 time

Previous

Return to General Discussion